NSS NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
E.S COLLEGE OF NURSING is registered NSS unit under The Dr.MGR Medical University, Tamilnadu.Under the NSS we performing many activities for the society which aids in academic improvement of students in helping a community .volunteers are involved in both rural camps and other extension activities. The principle of the NSS programme is that it is organized by the students themselves, and both students and teachers through their combined participation in community service,. The sole aim of the ESCON - NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service.
|World Breast Feeding Week
|Awareness programme given to antenatal mothers
|International Peace Day
|Rally and culturals
|Campus cleaning programmes
|International Elderly Day
|Organizing special education programme
|National Integration Day
|Organizing competitions on national integration
|World Aids Day
|Human Rights Day
|Awareness programme given to public by pamphlets
|National Youth Day
|Competitions and games
|Flag hoisting and march past
|Organizing special recreation activities
| World No Tobacco Day
|Sputum examination assesment
| World Environment Day
|Plant trees saplings
|World Population Day
|Conducting special survey at V. Salai
1. RESPONSIBLITIES FOR PROGRAMMES :
- Responsible for the organization of NSS unit.
- Implementation of NSS programme under the supervision and direction of principal of the college or head of the institution
- To carry out the instruction issued by the programme co-ordinator of the university. NSS regional centre and state liaision officer for the implementation of NSS activities as per the NSS manual , programme guidelines and administrative and policy directives.
2. RESPONSIBLITIES FOR THE CONVENOR:
- Monitor the activities which is planned under NSS activities.
- Conduct campus n regular basis
- Conduct regular meeting and review the performances
- Submit reports of the meetings and camps held.
- Follow the schedule of annual plan and budget
- Guide the student members of NSS committee
- Encourage students and non students to work together along with the adults in the area
3. RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MEMBERS:
- Co –ordinate the programme & NSS activities with programme officer and convenor
- Attend all the meeting
- Take in charge of absence of the convenor
- Make arrangements for all the events under NSS
- Encourage the students to participate in NSS activities
- Submit the reports
NSS Committee members list:
BLOOD DONATION RALLY:
The blood donation day was celebrated on 14.06.2019 in the collaboration with Villupuram collectorate .we organized the program regarding awareness on blood donation. The rally was started by our Villupuram collector respected Dr.L.Subramanian, IAS . In this program our students of ES College of nursing totally 150 students have been participated.
ROAD SAFETY WEEK
On Behalf ESCON The Road Safety Week, was celebrated by our B.Sc (N)-III Year students on05.02.2019. Vikravandi Traffic Police Department & Vikravandi Tolplaza organized Human chain at vikravandi Tollgate to create awareness regarding Road safety measures.
LEPROSY SCREENING CAMPAIGN:
National Leprosy Eradication Programme, Villupuram District Directorate of Health services organized the school Leprosy screening Campaign for 3 days (06.11.2019 to 08.11.2019) at villupuram schools.Our B.Sc (N) IV-year were participated in the campaign and screened the school children. Cheif guest Dr. Kavitha Rani, Deputy Director of DDHS (Leprosy) and Mr. Balu, Non-Medical Supervisor DDHS (Leprosy) were gave speech about leprosy.
WORLD POPULATION DAY RALLY:
World Population Day Rally "on 11.07.2019. Rally was started from Villupuram Collector office to signal, 150 students were participated in Rally and created awareness about the population control to the public.
On behalf of DDHS Villupuram conducted Essay competition in ESCON camps on 08.07.2019 and prize was distributed.
SWACH BHARAT SUMMER INTERNSHIP ORIENTATION PROGRAMME:
Swach Bharat summer internship orientation Programme started on 21-06-2019 at ESCON. Mr.Aravazhi BDO Vikkiravandi Block he explained about swach bharat summer internship programme.Mrs.Senthil Vadivu Assistant Project Officer House and Sanitation Villupuram district he explained about sanitation activity carried out in rural and urban area