MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING
The department of medical surgical nursing delineates the beliefs , roles and functions that characterize the specialty practice of nursing profession, also the department focuses on to design and implement curriculum to acquire in depth knowledge and skill needed to function in different settings in providing preventive , promotive and ilitative care . The faculty in the department
- Appreciate the trends & issues in the field of Medical – Surgical Nursing as a specialty.
- Apply concepts & theories related to health promotion.
- Appreciate the client as a holistic individual
- Perform physical, psychosocial assessment of Medical – Surgical patients.
- Apply Nursing process in providing care to patients.
- Integrate the concept of family centered nursing care with associated disorder such as genetic, congenital and long-term illness.
- Recognize and manage emergencies with Medical- Surgical patients.
- Describe various recent technologies & treatment modalities in the management of critically ill patients.