E.S. COLLEGE OF PARAMEDICAL SCIENCE
Paramedical Sciences: ( DMLT) (2 Years)
Medical Laboratory Technicians assist physicians in labs and are responsible for performing laboratory investigations relating to diagnosis, treatment of diseases by performing various tests and recording results. Their roles also include handling and maintaining lab equipment and sample preparation for analysis. This two-year academic programme aims to provide knowledge of instruments and procedure; and impart required proficiency in handling those instruments so that they can work in various lab settings.
- Students are trained to analyze various body matters such as body fluids, tissues and blood
- This programme also equips students with the knowledge and skills required to handle advanced lab equipment
- Students also learn how to screen micro-organisms, analyse chemicals and perform cell count procedures that are used to detect certain diseases in patients
- Students can begin as a Laboratory Technician, Hematology, Technician, Clinical Biochemistry Technician or Microbiology Technician. one can progress to the role of Chief Laboratory Technician and then Assistant Clinical Laboratory Manager and can then take up the role of a Laboratory Manager.
- A pass in 12th Standard with science as a subject.
- An aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or) physics chemistry Botany & Zoology & physics chemistry ,nursing marks in English is essential
Minimum: 17 years- Maximum: 33 years
COMMENCEMENT & DURATION OF THE COURSE:
Commencement of the programme from November first week extend over a period of two academic years.