1st GRADUATION CEREMONY REPORT 12.08.2017
1) ESSK Educational Charities organized graduation ceremony for students of 2011-15 Batches at TACW, auditorium where the students were declared provisionally graduates. The chief guest arrived at 2.50 pm.
2) The Secretary, Registrar, Deputy Registrar, Principal, Vice principal, and the Faculties welcomed chief guest by Shawl and Bouquet.
3) Graduation ceremony commenced with invocation followed by lighting the lamp.
4) The secretary Mr. Senthil Kumar declared the graduation day open. Dr.Hemamalini M.Sc (N), Ph.D welcomed the gathering and presented the college annual report 2016-2017.
5) The Chief guest Dr. S.C Parija M.D.,Ph.D.,D.SC.FRC (PATH) Director., JIPMER,Puducherry, at the outset he congratulated the students for completion of their course. He stated that whatever be the advancement occurring in research and technology of Medical care, if not carried on to the bedside, it serves no meaning. Hence the crucial point of contact of health care system with the public is the Nursing care which runs as the spokes of wheels of this great chariot of health care delivery.
6) The Vice Principal read the name list of 82 graduates in person, graduates received degree certificates from the chief guest.
7) Then the Principal recited the pledge to the graduates in person and the students took oath in front of the audience.
8) Ms.Prabha, Department of Examination, has read the Endowment award winners list for academic excellence, clinical proficiency, best out gone, topper in community health nursing were honored with mementos, medal and certificates by the Chief Guest.
9) Vote of thanks was delivered by Mrs.K.Bharathi, Department of Academics.
10) The Principal dissolved the graduation ceremony. The programme was successfully concluded with National Anthem
LAMP LIGHTING CEREMONY-09.12.2017
1) Lamp Lighting Ceremony of 10th batch of B.Sc Nursing, DGNM and 1 st batch of ANM students was held in Theivanai Ammal College for Women (Autonomous) auditorium on December 9, 2017.
2) The Chief Guest of the programme was Prof.Dr.Ani Grace Kalaimathi, Registrar, The Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai.
3) Welcome address was delivered by Mrs.G.Maheswari, Asso.Professor, ESCON. The Chief Guest and other dignitaries lighted the lamp which was passed on to the nursing students.
4) Dr. M.Hemamalini, Prinicipal, E.S. College of Nursing, recited the Oath to the Students. The Chief Guest address was given by Prof.Dr.Ani Grace Kalaimathi, Registrar .
5) Vice-Principal of E.S.College of Nursing Prof. M. Porselvi proposed a vote of thanks
REPORT ON FIELD VISIT TO COMMUNICABLE DISEASE HOSPITAL
As a part B.Sc nursing II year curriculum there is a requirement for a field visit to communicable disease hospital to fulfill the objective ,B.Sc nursing II year students went to communicable disease hospital on 16.11.2017.We depart from villupuram at 6.30 am and reached there at 11.00 am .Students were oriented by Nursing Tutor Mrs.Gowri and she explained about the objectives ,organization set up, functions, outreach activities and research activities of the hospital. She took classes about all the communicable diseases and its causes , mode of transmission their magnitude, signs and symptoms, treatment modalities ,prevention and control measures of each disease.This visit was very useful and very informative for the students while giving care to the patients with infectious diseases in hospital and community setup.
REPORT ON FIELD VISIT TO KASTHUBA GANDHI NURSING COLLEGE.
1) As a part of Nursing management curriculum the student went to field visit at Mahathma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute & Kasthuba Gandhi Nursing College.
2) We reached the college at 8.45 a.m and we were welcomed by vice principal of college of nursing. The college orientation given by Mrs. Ponmani, Asst. Prof, and Ms. Priya, Mrs. Sherin nithya Asst. prof, and Ms. Sanjini Lecture, they have explained about the objectives, motto, vision and mission of KGNC, organization structure, curriculum planning, function, departmental research activities of the college.
3) We went to simulation lab which is equipped with modernized and advanced mannequin and this laboratory is tie up with American heart association.
4) They are providing BLS, ACLS , ATLS like many training and certificate courses.
5) We reached MGMC hospital at 11.00 am Mrs. Kirubha angeline Nursing superintendent given introduction about hospital administration, organization structure, recruitment process and the orientation of the hospital was given by Ms. Monica mary, Mr.Sekvaganapathy, Mrs. Vadivu, and Mrs. Madha.
6) This visit was very useful and very informative for the students and through this visit student came to know about the administration set-up and function of other nursing institution.
REPORT ON GUEST LECTURE CLASS
The session started around 9.30 am . The objective of this guest lecture was to make the students to understand about the pathology of female reproductive system. The guest lecture was preceded by a short talk by the Assistant professor Mrs. Sharmila . Dr.Nithya explained about the pathology of each type of cancer. The lecture was received with admiration by the students and they also found the slides appropriate. Then the students gave their feedback that this session is very useful ,informative ,and develop desirable knowledge and attitude skills while giving care to the patient with cancer in both clinical and community setup. This session ended at 11.30 am with honorarium to the Guest and vote of thanks
REPORT ON GUEST LECTURE CLASS
Guest lecture class for nursing management was arranged for B.Sc (N) - IV year 93 students & DGNM-III year 55 students in Govt. Villupuram Medical College, on 12.02.2018. Dr.Gitanjali, MD, Professor, GVMCH gave a lecture on Legal Issue and Responsibilities of Nurses.
EDUCATIONAL TOUR TO NEW DELHI
E.S College of Nursing, Villupuram Educational Visit to New Delhi by B.Sc(N) final year students from 28.1.2018 to 04.02.2018.
The institutions visited at Delhi as follows..
1) Indian Red cross society
2) RAK College of nursing
3) TNAI head quarters
4) Christian medical association of India
5) Indian red cross society
6) Institute of health and family welfare
OBSERVATIONAL VISIT REPORT ON UDAVUM KARANGAL.
As a part of DGNM III Year, community Health Nursing-II, Clinical Requirement, We went to Udavum Karangal, (Shanthivanam), Thiruverkadu , Chennai on 13.10.2017.
We started at 6.00 am from Villupuram along with DGNM III year 54 students & 2 Faculty Ms. Chandra.R & Ms.Rajarajeswari.S reached Udavum Karangal at 10.00 am. In Udavum Karangal, Mrs.Kavitha,M.Sc.(N) Psychiatry, Visit Co-ordinator, took class & telecast the video about Udavum Karangal. Students were divided into 2 groups (27 members).First group guided by Mrs.Kavitha, & second group guided by Mrs.Poovizhi.
The students are oriented about Structure, Facilities, Organization pattern, Occupational therapy,Benefits,& Work Allotment of the people in Udavum Karangal. They are giving services to abandoned children & psychiatric people.
INTERNATIONAL NURSE'S DAY AND COLLEGE DAY
E.S College of nursing celebrated international nurse's day and college day programme on 12.05.2018 in the college auditorium. The function commence at 10.30 am with prayer song followed by welcome address by Ms.Angeline Beulah, Professor. The chief guests Dr.Rebecca Samson, M.Sc (N), PhD, Dean of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry were honored by Registrar and Principal. - lighting the kuthuvilakku by all dignitaries on the Dias and honored the founder of modern nursing Florence nightingale.
Mr. Krishnamoorthy, Department of community health nursing delivered the nurses day theme "A NURSES VOICE TO LEAD-HEALTH IS A HUMAN RIGHT". He exhibited the origin of international nurses’ day celebration. He remembered the Florence Nightingale and her born, nursing foundation and a lady with lamp. He admired the nursing service in India human right to health means guarantees a system of health protection for all. Health care must be provided as a public good for all financed, publicity and equitably. Health care should be available, acceptable, good quality for everyone.
Annual report of ESCON was delivered by Prof. Porselvi, Principal
She reported the:
- Academic Achievement
- Practical Exposures in various reputed institutions
- Extracurricular Activities Like Involved In Donating Blood Camp Programme, Aids Awareness Programme, Cancer Day Programme, Health Day Programme road safety Programme Etc..
- 1st Graduation Programme
- Lamp lighting programme
- Disaster management
- CNE Programmes attended by faculty and students in Tamilnadu and other state
- 69th Republic day Programme
- First Aid Training Classes and
- Useful of educational trip.
Special address given by Dr.Kasthuribai Danasekaran, Registrar of ESSK group of institutions. She had shown her gratitude to accept as a chief guest for this programme, and then she thanks the management for their constant support towards the development of college. She appreciated the principal and thanked for her services. She congratulated the students for the support and running this institution in successful manner and appreciated for conducting the medical camp by the staff and students in E.S. Arts and Science College. She expressed in her life experience about nurses are having good quality of:
- Empathy and sympathy
- Source of consolation
- Good in communication
- Team spirit (worker along with the entire team)
- Raise to the pressure
- Strong work ethics and
- Positive mental attitude and
- Source of consolation.
She said that "NURSES ARE SECOND GOD IN THE WORLD" nurses day wishes, bright future in your career.
The chief guest introduction was given by Mrs.Indhumathi, Asst.Professor.
Dr.Rebecca Samson, M.Sc (N), PhD, Dean of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry delivered her address towards the nursing fertanity. She explains about meaning of nurse’s day and qualities of nursing, nurses are CARE meaning of C-Care, A-Attitude, R- Response E- Empathetic. She advised the students to learn and follow the ethics of nursing. Our behavior should be a light to the life of others, she correlate the knowledge and attitude in our life and carrier skill is always needed to manage the situation, if we have passion we will never cease to grow. She expressed her carrier experience in India and abroad, she advised we have to love our self, we want to learn more and more with good experience of care and concerns, good attitudes, positive response, going forward nothing to stop to you. She concluded by saying that, "Each and every nurse needs to realize how they ought to be. The present healthcare workforce demands nurses to be more logical, realistic and how they can raise above to take the profession forward." She blessed all students and thanks to management.
Academic achievement, Sports and cultural Prizes were distributed by the dignitaries. Few cultural programme were organized
The programme concluded with the proposal of vote of thanks by Mrs. Menaga Gandhi, Professor. The international nurse's day and college day celebration was organized by Mr. Daniel Tamil Selvan, Assistant professor. The programme ended with national anthem.