P.B.B.SC NURSING: (2 YEARS)
Post Basic Bachelor of Science in Nursing (P.B.B.Sc., Nursing)
This course will help students develop an understanding of the philosophy, objectives and responsibilities of nursing as a profession. The purpose of the course is to orient to the current concepts involved in the practice of nursing and developments in the nursing profession.
- Identify professional aspects of nursing
- Explain theories of nursing
- Identify ethical aspects of nursing profession.
- Identify the role of the nursing in various levels of health services.
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council. A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro-surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
- Students shall be admitted once in a year