SCHOOL OF NURSING
Auxillary Nurse Midwives (ANM) (2 YEARS)
AIM:Prepare nurses with a sound educational programme in nursing to enable them to function as efficient members of the health team. Help Nurses develop an ability to co-operate and co-ordinate with members of the health team in the prevention of disease, promotion of health and rehabilitation of the sick.
Practice safe evidence based nursing care. Promote health through education, risk reduction, and disease prevention. Appreciate human diversity and the implications of a global health care environment.Provide effective nursing care for maintaining the best possible level of health in all aspects.
- Promote self care to people under their care.
- Apply problem solving techniques in nursing practice.
- Evaluate effectiveness of nursing care.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- The maximum age for admission shall be 35 years.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be 10 + 2 in Arts (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Science or Health care Science - Vocational stream ONLY passing out from recognized Board.
- Student shall be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examination conducted by National Institute of Open School.
- Student shall be admitted once in a year