SCHOOL OF NURSING
Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (DGNM) (3 YEARS)
The purpose of General Nursing Programme is to prepare a general nurse, who will function as a member of the health team beginning with competencies, for first level position in both hospital and community.
It will assist nurses in their personal and professional developments, so that they may make their maximum contribution to the society, as individuals, citizens and nurses.
- To Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individuals, sick or well, using the nursing process. Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet nursing needs.
- 10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually for any recognized board. Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government. However Science is preferable.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing council.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/Centre.
For foreign nationals
- The entry qualification equivalency i.e., 12th standard will be obtained by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. Institution, State Nursing Council will be responsible to ensure that the qualification and eligibility will be equivalent to what has been prescribed as above.
- For disabled candidates: 3% Disability reservation to be considered with a disability of locomotor to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to age and qualification will be same as prescribed for each nursing programme
A committee to be formed consisting of medical officer authorized by medical board of state government and a nursing expert in the panel which may decide whether the candidates have the disability of locomotor of 40% to 50%.