GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
College timing- 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Clinical timing - 8.00am to 4.00pm.
- All students shall wear neat, clean and decent dress.
- Girls shall wear salwar kameez /Chudidhar /Sarees.
Boys shall wear Pant and shirts.
- Students shall wear shoes while attending the clinical posting.
- Students found violating the dress code will not be permitted to attend the class. If it is repeated the matter shall be brought to the notice of the Disciplinary committee.
- Every student admitted to the college will have to wear the Identity Card during working hours.
- Students who has lost their ID card has to obtain a duplicate card by payment of Rs. 100/- after the written request made to the Principal
- Students are expected to attend the classes and clinical practices regularly and punctually.
- Students are expected to follow classroom etiquettes.
- Leave not permitted in the week end and week ahead
- Prior Leave permission to be obtained from principal through coordinator / HOD
- If leave availed for emergency/ sick letter to b e produced to the coordinator with Parents/ Guardian signature
CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
- As a responsible member of the institute, every student should maintain high standard of discipline, courtesy and behavior both inside and outside the campus.
- Students are expected to behave politely and in courteous manner towards the staff.
- Students are strictly forbidden from smoking, consuming drugs, alcohol and intoxicants. Anyone found under the influence of alcohol/intoxicants/drugs will be expelled from the Institute.
- During the class hours, students are forbidden from loitering along the corridors or roads. Students are required to spend their free hours in the library. Any violation will be viewed seriously.
- Mobile phones are strictly banned in the class rooms/ Campus. If found it will be seized.
- Students who violate any of the rules and regulations Disciplinary Committee will take the actions.
- Ragging is prohibited inside/ outside the campus.
COLLEGE FUNCTIONS / PROGRAMMES
- Students are advised to actively participate in all the functions held in the college. As soon as the function gets over, the students should disperse immediately.
- Students are not allowed to shout, hoot or whistle during the functions
- Bonafied certificate will be issued to the students on application.
- Letter/application to be submitted at least three days in advance.
GUIDELINES TO THE PARENTS
- Parents are requested to extend their full cooperation in all the matters.
- The parents can meet the Principal from 3.00 to 4.00 pm in week days.
- They can meet the Head of the Departments/ class coordinator on College hours of any working day.
- Parents meet is conducted twice in a year. If parents fail to attend the parents meet, decision taken in the meeting have to be acknowledged by them.
- Parents are requested to give intimation over phone/ email to college for her Son/ daughter?s absenteeism.
- Only the parents are allowed inside the college premises and not the relatives.
The college will facilitate the students to avail the scholarships based on the eligibility criteria by submitting the documents on time as per the Government guidelines. The details of scholarships as follows,
- First graduate scholarship
- MBC/BC scholarship
- SC/ST scholarship
- Minority scholarship
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS:
Students of ESCON can be benefitted by adhering the following library rules and regulation
All working days: Morning 8.30 am to 05.30 pm
- Books issue and return time: 08.30 am to 09.30 am - 12.30 pm to 01.00 pm - 04.45 pm to 05.30 pm.
- Maintain silence and avoid unnecessary discussion in library.
- Both the staff and students should sign the register before entering the library.
- Note, Own Books are not allowed inside the library. Only papers are allowed to take Notes, get permission from librarian while leaving the library.
- Books to be returned within the regular of 1 week period.
- Books will be renewed only once. Next time it should be replaced.
- Replace books on specified due date, if fails, penalty will be imposed.
- Reference Books, Question Bank, Syllabus will not to be issued for taking Xerox.
- Without class co-coordinator permission the students are not allowed during class hours.
- Loss of borrower book should be reported to the librarian. It should replace with the new one of the same within 15 days.
- Loss of borrower cards should be reported to the librarian. They will be issued a fresh replacement card on a payment of Rs.50/- per card.
ANTI RAGGING RULES AND REGULATIONS
(UGC regulations for curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions 2009) (Under section 26(1) of the university grants commission act, 1956). The students are therefore directed to strictly desist from any kind of ragging.
FORMS OF RAGGING:
Display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing, excitement by rough or rude treatment or handling, including rowdy, undisciplined activities which cause or likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise apprehensive fear in a fresher, or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such a student will not do in the ordinary course and which causes him/her shame or embarrassment or danger to his/her life, etc.
PUNISHMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN/OR ABETMENT OF RAGGING:
Depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the anti- ragging squad, awards, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments namely,
1. Cancellation of admission.
2. Suspension from attending classes.
3. Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
4. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
5. Withholding results.
6. Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth
7. Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
8. Rustication from the institution for period of one to two years.
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
10. Fine up to Rs. 25,000/-