Youth Red Cross (YRC)
REPORT ON “BE SAFE”-HAND WASHING PROGRAMME
The Students of E.S College of Nursing Successfully Conducted the “BE SAFE” Hand washing demonstration programme in Government primary school, V.Salai as YOUTH RED CROSS Activity on 10.11.2017 under the guidance of our Principal Dr.M.Hemamalini. & Vice Principal, Mrs.Porselvi. Totally 7 Students from B.Sc (Nursing) III Year participated in the programme.
Content of the programme:
1. The programme was started at 10:30 am.
2. Mr.Srinivasan B.Sc (Nursing) III Year welcome the gathering.
3. Ms.Lydia Tamizharasi, III year B.Sc(N) explained the hand washing techniques by using flannel board.
4. Ms.Fathima and Ms.Bhuvaneshwari demonstrated hand washing techniques to the students.
5. After that an student from class IV re- demonstrated the procedure.
6. The programme ended at 11.15 am with vote of thanks by Ms. Nafisa banu B.Sc (Nursing) III Year
7. The programme was organized by Mr. Daniel Tamilselvan Department of Extracurricular activity and Ms.Angeline Beulah Associate professor
REPORT ON POLLUTION AWARENESS RALLY-DECEMBER
As part of the YOUTH RED CROSS activity the department of Extracurricular activities and Community Health Nursing organized awareness rally from Radhapuram Bus stop to Primary Health Centre on Friday 15-12-2017.
Totally Forty five students of B.Sc Nursing IV year took part in the march, carrying placards with a message on air pollution and also distribute pamphlets to the people regarding pollution. The march went through Mariamman koil street, chettiyar street and other places. Nursing Tutors Ms.Kumudhavalli, Mrs.Subhasri and Ms. Nandinidevi were present.
REPORT ON FREE BLOOD GROUPING PROGRAMME
The Students of E.S College of Paramedical science Successfully Conducted the Free blood grouping programme in sithani village as YOUTH RED CROSS Activity on 05.05.2018 under the guidance of our Principal Prof.Porselvi. Totally 16 Students from DMLT II Year participated in the programme .The programme was started at 3:30pm. The Students are covers the various street of sithani village and checks the blood Group of various age group. The activity came to an end with the successful assessment of 56 peoples at 5:30pm. Mr.Daniel Tamilselvan Department of Extracurricular activity , Mrs.Dhanalakshmi and Mrs.Jayasundari, Lecturers Organized the activity.
The YRC is registered under the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University. The volunteers organize and participate in various health education programmes, and awareness camps in the community. These camps are organized by the College and Government Organizations to help the society.
The Youth Red Cross Unit E.S. College of Nursing, Villupuram organizes and participates in the Blood donation camp, Polio camp, Health camp etc.,