To appreciate the trends and issues in the field of psychiatry and psychiatric nursing
- To explain the dynamics of personality development and human behavior
- To describe the concepts of psychobiology in mental disorders and its implication for psychiatry nursing
- To demonstrate therapeutic communication skills
- To apply nursing process approach in caring for patients with psychotic and neurotic disorders
- To describe the psychopharmacological agents, their effects and nurses role
- To recognize the role of psychiatric nurse and recognize as a member of the psychiatric and mental health zone.